About The Department
Industrial & Production Engg. Course was started at Gogte Institute of Technology, Belgaum in the year 1984 to meet growing demand of industries for personnel specialized in the fields of production, industrial engineering and management. The department has earned a reputation for excellent academic activity among the institutes offering similar course.
The department offers Bachelors degree (B.E) in Industrial & Production Engg. and Masters Degree (M.Tech.) in Production Management. A glance through the alumni indicates that, most of them are either well placed in reputed firms or qualified for higher education in reputed institutions in India as well as abroad.
To emerge as one of the centre’s of excellence with a blend of training and research in the field of manufacturing technology, industrial engineering and management, to address the needs of industry and society.
To impart good training and guidance to the students to equip them with the skills in the field of mechanical sciences with a focus on manufacturing technology, industrial engineering and management, along with developing positive attitude and strong moral values.
Programme Educational Objectives
1. The graduates will acquire core competency in basic sciences, industrial engineering, manufacturing and management fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems, to comprehend and analyze man-machine integrated system and to pursue advanced studies.
2. The graduates will engage in the activities that demonstrate a desire for undergoing personal and professional growth and self-confidence to adapt to rapid and major changes.
3. The graduates will maintain high professionalism and ethical standards, effective oral and written communication skills, work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects under diverse professional environments, and relate engineering issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
Program Outcomes (POs)
|a||An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering|
|b||An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data|
|c||An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,|
|d||An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,|
|e||An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,|
|f||An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,|
|g||An ability to communicate effectively,|
|h||The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,|
|i||A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,|
|j||A knowledge of contemporary issues, and|
|k||An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.|
|l||Competence to adopt technical knowledge and managerial skill in planning projects and deployment of resources|
- To continuously upgrade the infrastructure facility to keep pace with developments in industries
- To achieve and maintain academic excellence by using the infrastructure facilities
- To modernize the existing laboratory facility in the field of manufacturing and industrial engineering
- To encourage the faculty in acquiring higher qualification and actively involving in research and consultancy work
- To help the students in developing their personality through programmes like seminars, debates, sports, quizzes and cultural activities etc
- To develop application oriented knowledge and approach in learning through institute-industry interaction for mutual benefit