Sports@ GIT !!!
Photo Gallery of recent achievements...
From the very inception of GIT, Sports is flourishing and excelling in all dimensions be it VTU intercollegiate , national, invitational, state or district local tournaments, GIT continues its rich sports culture and strong background of winning prizes for decades. GIT seeded top in many of the National and VTU state level tournaments. Yogasana, Football, basketball, volleyball, Badminton, Swimming, Cross country, Best physique, and Weight lifting are to name the few. The students get ample opportunities to explore and exhibit their sports skills in almost all games and sports irrespective of results at any level. Sports department staff and coaches give Coaching and training for different sports and games. Through the health and recreation point of view GIT believes in mass participation rather than winning. Yoga, strength training, aerobics facilities will be provided to all under the experts guidance and supervision.
GIT provide materialistic and financial assistance for all sports and games. Out standing sports talent is honored rewarded at the annual sports day. Sports equipments of higher standard and quality sports gears are provided generously in GIT. It is one of the best colleges to chase your dreams and hobbies, a keynote to balanced successful quality life.
Recent credits –
- VTU intercollegiate Single Zone champions.
- Swimming –
- One silver, one bronze medal.
- Two bronze medals in men relays.
- Wrestling –
- Gold medal in 60kg category.
- Gymnastics –
- 2 silver, 2 bronze medals.
- Weight lifting and Best physique—
- Two gold medals in Best physique.
- One bronze medal in Weight lifting
- Runners up in VTU Belgaum zone Volleyball tournament.
- Winners in VTU Belgaum zone Football tournament.
- Winners in national level fest “Trinity’ 12.”
- Winners of P K memorial trophy 12 at Belgam..
- Winners of VTU Belgaum zone and Inter zone in women section
- Runners up in VTU Belgaum zone men section.
- Winners of in women section at national fest SPREE’12, Goa.
- Winners and runners up in mixed section at national fest SPREE’12, Goa.
- Winners in national level fest “Trinity’ 12” in men and women section.
University Blues 2011-12
- Akash Shettannavar- Basketball
- Bhau Sadekar- Gymnastics
- Meghana Sardesai- Basketball
- Praveen Kadam- Best Physique.
- Omkar Motar- Best Physique.
GIT has fantastically organized national level sports fest “colloseum’12” in the campus which included football, Basket ball, Volley ball, Badminton, and table tennis. Former Cricketer M. sayyad Kirmani was inaugurated the fest. Teams from all over Karnataka, Goa, and Maharashtra had participated in this mega event. GIT Won in prizes in almost all games.
- Winners in Basketball (men & women)
- Winners in Badminton (women)
- Runners up in Football (men)
- Runners up in Volleyball (men)
- Runners up in Badminton (men)
- Runners up in Table tennis (men)
GIT organized “Hoopsters trophy’ 12” state level basket ball floodlight tournament in its magnificent basketball court in campus which was a huge success. Our college won men, women & mixed championship along with OVERALL Championship of the tournament.
Mr. Javagal Srinath, former cricketer and secretary of Karnataka state Cricket Board, visited the campus to flag off the formula 1 race car created by student sof GIT. Dr. Kiran Kulkarni, sports Medicine consultant and doctor for national senior football team also visited the campus during the Colloseum as chief guest for valedictory function.