The lab is equipped with standard packages like Power system simulation package and MiPower. The experiments are simulated using MATLAB and the available packages. The computer centre in the college is also used for carrying out the experiments in PSS lab and projects in the final year.
- Y Bus formation for p systems with and without mutual coupling, by singular transformation and inspection method.
- Determination of bus currents, bus power and line flow for a specified system voltage (Bus) Profile
- Formation of 2-bus, using 2-bus build Algorithm without mutual.
- ABCD parameters: Formation for symmetric II/I configuration. Verification of AD-BC=1 Determination of coefficient and regulation
- Determination of power angle diagrams for salient and non-salient pole synchronous m/c s, reluctance power, excitation, emf and regulation.
- To determine I) Swing curve II) critical clearing time for a single m/c for connected to infinity bus through a pair of identical transmission lines, 3-phase fault on one of the lines for variation of inertia constant/line parameters /fault location/clearing time/pre-fault electrical output.
- Formation of Jacobian for a system not exceeding 4 buses *(no PV buses) in polar coordinates
- Write a program to perform load using Gaus- Seidel method (only p q bus)
- To determine fault currents and voltages in a single transmission line systems with star-delta transformers at a specified location for SLGF, DLGF.
- Load flow analysis using Gauss Siedel method, NR method, Fast decoupled flow method for both pq and pv buses.
- Optimal Generator Scheduling for Thermal power plants.