Message from Head:
Preparing our students to meet increasing global challenges of ever evolving technologies so as to make the students acceptable to both industries and higher institution of learning.
To be recognized as a center of excellence for education & research in the field of Computer Science and Engineering with an aim of building IT professionals with a positive mindset coupled with societal concern
To train students to develop inquisitive mind for the true understanding of real life problems and to build optimal computer solutions for the benefit of society at large.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
- The graduates will acquire core competence in basic-science and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze, and solve engineering problems and to pursue advanced study.
- The graduates will acquire capabilities to succeed as computer engineering professionals with an aptitude for higher education and entrepreneurship.
- The graduates will have the curiosity and desire of learning for life and self-confidence to adapt to changes.
- The graduates will maintain high professionalism and ethical standards, effective oral and written communication skills, work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects under diverse professional environments, and relate engineering issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
About the Department:
The graduate course in Computer Science and Engineering was started in 1985. The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi for 3 years and permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka. Top ranking students from CET opt for Computer Science.
The department offers a 4 years B.E degree course in Computer Science and Engineering with a sanctioned student intake of 120. Other programmes administered by the department are:
- M.Tech Programme in Computer Science and Engineering, a 2 years full time course with a sanctioned intake of 18.
- M.Tech Programme in Computer Science and Engineering – a 3 years Part time (QIP) with a sanctioned intake of 18
- Doctoral Programme in Computer Science & Engineering
The department has several committees, to facilitate the smooth functioning of the departmental activities. On basis of personal choice, staff members are coordinators and members of the various committees.