Computer Center (CC) the neural system of Gogte Institute of Technology provides 24×7 and 365 days a year uninterrupted computing and network infrastructure along with Internet, Email, Web, DNS,FTP, CCTV, FeedBack, LDAP, Antivirus, Biometric Attendance to all the stakeholders of the institute. CC also provides various advanced and special purpose software like RoboVidya for all the campus users.
The center was established with the objective of providing computational environment for the academic and research community of the institute. The Centre offers training and consultancy apart from being a support service for the Office, faculty, students and staff.
Computer Centre was established in September, 2000 with the following objectives:
- Provide a central computing facility with Network infrastructure for all the students, faculty members and staff of the institute.
- Collect, analyze the computing requirements of the departments and design, procure, deploy and maintain the solutions.
- Assist faculty and research scholars of the institute.
- Assist various departments in the institute in computerizing their activities.
- Conduct Short term Courses for the students and staff of the institute.
- Coordinate, Maintain and administer Campus-wide Network including Internet and allied Services.
- Assist sister institutions of Karnataka Law Society in implementing computing and network infrastructure.
Computer Centre caters to the computing needs of the faculty, staff and students for their research and teaching. It has a user-base of more than 4000+ users with more than 2000 active users at any given point of time.
Computer Centre has a number of state of the art servers, high end Linux and Windows Laboratories and application software.
Computer Centre supports an institute wide fiber optic network (e-GITNET) that connects all the academic departments, hostels, library and other central facilities to the Computer Centre. Internet access is provided through a 10Mbps dedicated Internet link along with 40 Mbps Broadband connections.
All the laboratories are on Gigabit Network and connected to server room with Fiber Optic Network.
Computer Centre operates 24 hours a day, 365 days an year. It has a power back up of 368 KVA UPS for computers and backed up by a 500 KVA generator for the whole CC Building. All the Laboratories are fully Air condition with Diakin Centralized Air Conditioning System.
- Computer Centre runs a DHCP server for academic area network. You need not set a specific IP address for your machine, and configure it to get the IP address automatically. (DHCP will also set other parameters like gateway, subnet mask, etc. automatically.)
- Computer Centre has installed WLAN on 802.11b/g to allow accessing the computing resources (Local Area Network and Internet) through the Wireless communication. WLAN employs mobile network access through the Wireless Access Points. Campus is covered with Wireless facility.
- Email facility is provided to all the faculty and staff members. Students may also avail of the facility by making a written request. The email address of the user is @git.edu.
- Computer Center has Student Services Cell that provides services like scanning, laser printing etc. At a very nominal price.
- Computer Center has Maintenance Cell that attends to the in-house trouble tickets generated by various departments of GIT. The maintenance cell is also responsible for ensuring the overall health of the campus network.
|Venkatesh Patil||System Analyst||9743687457|
|Pranesh Katii||Network Administrator||9886286891|
|Rajendra Deshpande||Assistant Instructor||9740868713|
|Vinayak Simu||Assistant Instructor||9972454799|
|S. Madalgi||Assistant Instructor||9916559856|
|Mukund. Kulkarni||Assistant Instructor||9980428738|
|Shridevi Savadi||Assistant Instructor||8892215345|
|Nagaraj Pattar||Assistant Instructor||9663339514|
|Prabhakar Lakkundi||Assistant Instructor||9591317267|
|Sundhara Dharangutti||Assistant Instructor||8951436221|
|Manisha Mokashi||Assistant Instructor||9902071070|
|Ravi Kulkarni||Assistant Instructor||9739242050|
|Amruta Ghadshi||Assistant Instructor||9844846253|
|Rajesh Shrikhande||Assistant Instructor||8147404922|
|Deepa Soundalgekar||Assistant Instructor||9740385603|
|Rajendra Sakhalkar||Assistant Instructor||9901981860|
Legal Software Details
Computer Center has a vast collection of legal software that caters to computing and software needs of various engineering disciplines such as Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Business Applications etc. The following is the list of different software available with Computer Center.
- Microsoft Campus Agreement
- MSDN Academic Alliance License
- Linux Freeware
- Applications on Windows Platform
- Applications on Linux Platform
- Database Packages
- CAD / CAM Packages
- Programming Languages
- Antivirus and General Tools
After identifying core requirements in computing infrastructure and engineering discipline-specific laboratory prerequisites, the institute has established different computer laboratories. There are totally 12 well-equipped Air-conditioned labs, according to expertise areas which supports the following applications
- Linux Applications.
- Windows Applications.
- Programming and Applications with Online Computer Based Training Facility
- CAD/M Applications.
- DOS Based Applications.
- VLSI and Design Applications.
- Network Applications.
- Database Applications.
- Macintosh Applications.
- Business Applications.
Gogte Institute of Technology’s 28+ acre lush green campus has a robust network of 1000+ nodes on a fiber optic backbone and extends LAN connectivity to every corner of the campus. The campus network infrastructure, e-GITNET performs the mammoth task of supporting 3800+ users including students, faculty members, and other supporting staff.
The network has been upgraded in various phases over the previous years and the network expansion still continues.
e-GITNET is an autonomous network under the management of Computer Center. While the network is managed Computer Center, it is used by different departments in the campus. The campus network provides an access path into the Internet through 10 Mbps dedicated leased line connectivity along with 40 Mbps Broadband connection.
Individual networks within buildings are typically connected to e-GITNET via routers. Hierarchical topologies using high-performance switches are used. The following diagram shows the e-GITNET campus network distribution.
Computer Centre provides facilities to support and enhance the educational mission of the institute; for enriching the educational experience of the students, faculty and the staff and supporting their research and academic activities; and for providing automation support to the institute. This facility is needed for your day to day research activities as well as courses and assignments.
Certain guidelines that should be followed in the use of the computer centre and its facilities have been formulated. The compliance with the guidelines and the do’s and the don’ts are necessary for the continued use of your freedom. Not only should users stick to the use of the facility in accordance with the guidelines, but also report any use that is against these guide lines or the spirit of these guidelines. Failure to report infractions of the guide lines shall also be construed as an act of omission in following the guidelines.
Following activities amount to unethical use of computing facilities and will attract punishment from the Institute authorities. You should read the following document listing the activities that amount to unethical use of computing facilities and avoid the practice of these in adherence with the established policies.
Click here to view the policy document.
Click here to view Do’s and Don’ts of your PC security.
Click here to view Policy on e-GITNET Local Area Network.